Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Getting to know Matt

For reasons I cannot yet divulge (how's that for a teaser?), Matt and I have not dined together for lunch this week. I thought about making up some stuff but I always keeps it real.

Nothing but credibility here. Because of these unfortunate circumstances, we figured we would each "interview" the other as a way to get to know us better. A chance to climb inside our minds; see what makes us tick.

Here is part I as I throw Matt ten questions of complete randomness. Enjoy:

What is the perfect meal?
Breaded Chicken Cutlet (2 is good), Broccoli Rabe (Ton of Garlic), Mashed Potato, Caesar Salad, Diet Cream Soda w/a lotta Ice. Then a short nap with no interruptions.
If you could invite three people to dinner (alive or deceased) who
would it be?
Sly Stallone - Just to talk about the Rocky saga...........oh yeah and to ask why the hell his brother Frank is still doing autograph shows when his brother is a billionaire.
Pacino - "Who-Haa" To have him inspire me to take that chance and follow a dream of being an actor. As he's speaking to me hearing Eminem rap "the music, the moment you own it, you better never let it go and you only get one shot, do not miss your chance to blow this opportunity comes once in a lifetime yo".
Sinatra - Then of course what would a dinner be without Ol' Blue Eyes. Man, I might just pass up the Chicken Cutlet and Rabe to hear what it was like to be the leader of the "Rat Pack".
What is your biggest regret in life?
Not buying Apple stock 15 years ago. Hate when people say that crap. Actually, it's not getting my Screen Actors Guild card (Had the passion but the timing wasn't right) and being stuck in the 9-5......I'm waiting to come out of hiding when they need a Kevin James stunt double in "Mall Cop Part II".
What is your number one pet peeve?
Henpecked men who act like loud mouths and tough guys around their friends.

What is the most overrated food?
Artichokes, hands down. I never understood the fascination only to get a few green strands that get stuck in your teeth. Have some string beans it's easier.
Who is your greatest sports hero and why?
If you asked me this in 1980 I would have easily said Lee Mazzilli (who else did we as Met fans have to root for at that time?). However, I have to say it's my other Paisan #31 Mike Piazza. For me, no other player stepped up to the plate with such confidence and power that made you stop everything you were doing to watch his at bat. Mike let Met fans feel proud to be a fan and kept it interesting everyday, especially when we had no other big name players to brag about. As a Met fan all my life, I equate Mike Piazza to Sinatra; it'll be a long time before there is another one of his kind.
Describe yourself in ten words.
A homebody who always strives to be a good guy.

What is the greatest TV show of all time?
Wow. It's like impossible to have just one. Choice between "Joanie loves Chachi" and "Rock of Love" hmmmm.....But to answer your question, "The Honeymooners". Never would consider
another.

Describe your ideal job.
I would love to have a 3-4 day work week, being a side-kick on a radio show, being able to be myself, using humor in everything, talking sports, entertainment, music, food and family would be phenomenal. Maybe I should just audition for the Howard Stern Show since Artie Lange is now on another show no one listens to. Sounds like a perfect fit for me.

If you joined the cast of Jersey Shore, what would your nickname be?
I could see "Paulie D" calling me “Hey Bibster cabs here!"

Thanks for reading!
John






No comments:

Post a Comment

Template developed by Confluent Forms LLC