Tuesday, January 3, 2012

We're back bitches

And just like that, the holidays are over and we're back to the grind ... but also, back to lunch. You'd think our routine might be a little rusty after a two week hiatus but we still have that shit down to a science. Just like riding a bike, you never lose it.

Matt walked over to my cubicle this morning and you'd think the first discussion point would be "How was your Christmas?" or "How did you celebrate the New Year?" You would be wrong. Almost simultaneously we said "How did you do in your fantasy football league?" We get right to the important things in life.
Yes, Fantasy Football is like having Christmas every Sunday from Sept-Dec. Don't know what else I would do with myself if it didn't exist. Anyway, after getting over the depressing Monday night before having to go back to work after a nice long vacation, seeing my buddy all ready to go to our "1 hour getaway" was a "Pha-nom-inal" feeling. Kinda like the excitement you get when you're out to eat and in the corner of your eye you see the waiter coming to your table with all the food you ordered.

While putting my jacket on, I noticed John had on this sweater that wasn't part of his usual dress code. I have to admit, it threw me. Don't get me wrong, it looked great, but just a few weeks ago we had this conversation -  "Do guys still wear sweaters?".

Leaving that conversation, I don't think either one of us really knew for sure what's in as far as sweaters go, since we both do not steer from our usual "outfits" (The same Dockers/button down or polo shirt). I knew I would make a remark about the sweater, so I told him him the only thing he was missing was a big letter "F" right in the middle of the shirt to resemble one of those rich a-hole characters you see in an 80's movie wearing a varsity sweater.


There was no doubt as to our lunch destination so we met up at 11:55 and silently headed to the car, frigid temps be damned.

As you know, I worship the ground Wegman's walks on. And today was a perfect example of them making changes that are "spot on".

One now has the ability to mix Asian, Indian, Italian, American, etc foods into one container of happiness and that f'n rules. I created an amazing cross cultural concoction that made up for all of the lunches missed the past few weeks. Pure over indulgence.

Getting myself an iPad2 over the holidays has me downloading every app ever made. One app that has caught my interest is called "Go on a friggin diet Matt". It's free, how bout that? Actually, the "My Fitness Pal" app has caught my interest and gives me something to track and an excuse to use my new gadget.

By the way, if you're in the market for a tablet look no further than the iPad 2. It is better than any other tablet. I messed around with way too many tablets over the past month and returned more devices then I care to mention.

Starting off the new year right immediately out of the gate brought me back to having some Salmon Sushi and my new favorite Tandoori Chicken baby! Wow that stuff is good.

As I approached the lunch table upstairs at Wegman's, I could see Matt was scanning the bar code on his sushi package into his phone. No person alive knows more about apps than Matt so I knew he must have found some new nutrition tracker. Classic.

Once I sat down and took my jacket off, Matt was eyeing up the sweater I had on. It was a quizzical look that screamed "Dude, we never consulted on your right to wear a sweater." In terms of sweaters, I have no idea what is in (v-necks?) or when it is even appropriate to wear a sweater.

The truth is, every "work" shirt I own is still waiting to be dry cleaned and I was unable to pick them up prior to today. No biggie, just put on a sweater and be done with it. Not that simple.

The more I thought about it, the more I realized it looked like I was wearing my new "Christmas sweater". You know, the kind your parents made you wear after it was given to you by your grandparents.

"Look at me, I got this sweater for Christmas and couldn't wait to show the world." Shit, I must have looked like a tool.

Expect to see a steady stream of posts from this point forward as we are both rejuvenated after the lengthy break. Hopefully we won't bore you to death, but we have a lot to say.

Until next time ...

1 comment:

  1. You know what the 'F's on the sweaters stand for?

    Fierce. *bluesteel*

    ReplyDelete

Template developed by Confluent Forms LLC