Tuesday, February 3, 2015

The "Two Guys at Lunch" soundtrack


John here ...

One of the great pleasures of going out to lunch each day with my BFF is the surprise that awaits once the key enters the ignition and Matt's car radio welcomes me. Over the years I've been greeted by New Kids on the Block (NKOTB to those in the know), plenty of 50's Doo-Wop, Eminem ("You only get one chance") and yes, even inspirational messages from everyone's favorite jawline.

  
The soundtrack varies greatly from week to week or even day to day. I still remember being greeted by Adele one summer afternoon and learning that her song was on Matt's "workout playlist".

Chew on that for a minute.

I kid you not, "Rolling in the Deep" inspired Matt to bench like 275 lbs. 25 times as if he were at the NFL Combine. Don't believe me? Read here for proof.

The dude's musical and inspirational tastes are so all over the place and I love it. It is impossible to pigeon hole. I could go on all day with stories I've learned over the years. From his attendance at a George Michael concert where he excitedly earned a backpack featuring the 5 o'clock shadowed singer to his belting out of "Carry on My Wayward Son" that was legitimately American Idol worthy to his fascination with Sly Stallone's singing brother Frank.

   
Don't believe me? Think I'm making this up? Again, here is your proof.


The best.

So with all of this in mind, I thought it would be great entertainment to have Matt share with us his top ten songs of all time. I promise you incredible diversity, some head scratching moments and songs you will not be able to get out of your head for days.

You're up Matt.
     

1 comment:

Template developed by Confluent Forms LLC